The Hartland Spyder Phaeton is a lovely elegant presentation carriage, Their elegance enhances all turnouts. They are light and roll easily thereby making it easier for drivers to show off their horses paces. This single only version features fully independant cut back loop front shafts. This means that the horse/ pony has the full width of the carriage at the back of the shafts which allows for more room which in turn enables it to bend and turn easier. Their short coupling helps when driving cones on angles. The passenger seats are designed to split so that the drivers seat may be moved into the middle of the carriage for cone driving if desired.
We can supply and build spyders to suit Shetlands up to 17.2 Gelderlanders! They are avaliable in a variety of different specifications.
Carriage features and specifications:
- Split front seat – so it can be moved to the center or to either side.
- Rear grooms seat – this can be made as either a single or double seat.
- Wooden or leather splashboards and dash board.
- Choice of louvred or cane side.
- Easy entry steps or front step hubs.
- Rear disc brakes – Front optional
- Parking brake.
- Wind on handbrake – optional
- Delayed steering – optional
- Turntable brake – optional
- Lamp brakets.
- Road reflectors.
- Large choice of colours, avialiable with white metal or brass fittings.
- Axle width 138cm (FEI single width)
- Spares draw – optional.