This range of carriages has been designed for dressage, cone driving, and also private driving and general show driving. Their elegance enhances all turnouts. They are light and roll easily thereby making it easier for drivers to show off their horses paces. Their short coupling helps when driving cones on angles. The passenger seats are designed to split so that the drivers seat may be moved into the middle of the carriage for cone driving if desired. Axle widths. Usually axles are set at 138, 148 or 158 (team width) cms. We can build the carriages with narrower front axles and also extending rear axles. Therefore it is possible to have carriages that extend to more than one rear axle width. We can supply and build spyders to suit Shetlands up to 17.2 Gelderlanders! Either in single or pair or team, PLUS we offer carriages that can be used by a combination of these.
Carriage features and specifications:
- Split front seat – so it can be moved to the center or to either side.
- Rear grooms seat – this can be made as either a single or double seat with or without back rest.
- Wooden or leather splashboards and dash board.
- Choice of louvred or cane side.
- Easy entry steps or front step hubs.
- Front and rear disc brakes
- Parking brake
- Wind on handbrake – optional
- Delayed steering – optional
- Turntable brake – optional
- Lamp brakets.
- Road reflectors.
- Large choice of colours, avialiable with white metal or brass fittings.
- Extending axle – optional, set at 138cm – extends to 148cm (we can also make them 158cm if required)
- Spares draw – optional
- Equaliser system on swingle trees.
Carriages come with a sprung adjustable pole and a set of cut back loop front shafts.
PRICES From: £3750 + VAT – Call the office today on 01403730244 to get an accurate quote for your specifications.