These are 2 wheeled elegant gigs built specifically to suit the dimensions of the heavy horse. They can be built bespoke or to a more standard design. So if you have a particular design in mind let us know and we can incorporate it into the carriage if you wish.
- Wheels: we usually use steel wheels as these are maintenance free, but can use wood if customers prefer.
- Suspension: leaf spring suspension
- Brakes – usually no brakes but if customers wish we can fit disc brakes
- Shafts – metal and adjustable ensure a good fit to the horse, and also if you change horse to a slightly differently shaped or sized animal the fact you can adjust them is helpful.
- Shaft ends – leather covered with traditional shaft fittings
- Carriage fittings – either brass or white metal
- Seating – a double seat is standard with a spares area under the seat, and/or a basket fitted behind the seat.
- Dashboard – painted or varnished to match the carriage – alternatively we can fit patent leather dashboards with rein rails fitted also
- Splashboards over wheels
- Lamp brackets
- Whip holder
- Upholstery- best quality imitation leather can be wiped clean. Deep buttoned if customer requires.
- Entry steps – we usually fit an elegant entry step to assist access to the carriage.
- Swingletrees – fitted with either pig tails or Ds for quick releases to be fitted to them. ( Increasingly customer prefer the latter as this is the safest option in the event of having to get a horse out of a carriage quickly.)
PRICES From: £3500 + VAT