The Hartland Mills Spyder Phaeton’s are beautifully built with traditional methods and we believe are just the best you can buy ANYWHERE, the quality is second to none and the lines of the carriage have been faithfully reproduced from the elegant Mills original carriages. This has been the most successful showing carriage we have built – with Joanne winning many private driving pairs classes and our customers having similar success with their turnouts in private driving, concours & attelages.
These vehicles are built for singles and pairs of either ponies or horses – for single use these carriages have very elegant swan neck shafts with adjustable tug stops & for pairs the carriages have a splinter bar for rollerbolt traces and a wooden pole with stainless steel polehead.
- Seats three people – double front seat for driver and passenger and single rear grooms seat.
- Spares compartment under front seats.
- Traditional leaf spring suspension.
- Traditional pull on block brake on rear wheels.
- Choice of flat or curved front dash board – either patent or plain leather.
- Whip holder on dash board.
- Lamp brackets.
- Handmade wooden wheels and body.
- Choice of upholstery – Bedford cord, wool cloth & leather.
- Choice of cane sided or solid spindle sides around the front seats.
- Traditional style front step hubs.
These carriages can come in a large variety of traditional colour schemes and can be completed with either brass or white metal.